Ten Unforeseen consequences of the Millenium Bug
Note: During the last ten years of the XX century, 1700 billion dollars was spend all over the world to fight the "Millennium Bug", most of them was unnecessary and enriched suddenly self-claimed computer experts... this millennium hysteria is something that will make future generation make fun of us, Elf Qrin.
10. IRS demands a hundred years of interest from stunned taxpayers.
9. "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" song gets stuck in infinite loop.
8. At the stroke of midnight, Windows 99 turns back into DOS 1.0, the Pentium V turns back into an 8088, and the Handsome User is left holding a beautiful glass mouse.
7. Internet Movie Database now lists "1901: A Space Odyssey"
6. Bob Dole's age erroneously listed with only 2 digits.
5. Mel Brooks's "2000 year old man" skit stops being funny.... Oops, too late.
4. Sales of Coca Cola jumps drastically after original cocaine-laden formula becomes legal again.
3. Software engineers point out that since computers think it's almost 1900, we technically have to "party like it's 1899", which, frankly, doesn't seem like much fun.
2. Microsoft declares the year 1900 to be the new standard of the "Gatesian" calendar.
and the Number 1 Unforeseen Consequence of the "Millennium Bug"...
1. Unexpected demand for COBOL programmers results in severe understaffing of fast-food restaurants.